If you’re like most people, soon as you rise from your dreamy slumber, you bee-line straight to the kitchen for a hot, fresh, cup of coffee. No matter where it’s from, how it’s grown or processed – even if it’s the most crappiest cup of coffee, most people just gotta have it!
Now I don’t mean to put a damper on your morning by discussing coffee or caffeine addiction, so without getting too heavy I’d like to just share with you a few pros and cons about our favorite morning companion.
- Improved sense of well-being, happiness,energy, alertness and sociability. Prettymuch an all around mood improvement!
- Caffeine keeps dopamine molecules active, preventing diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Improved concentration with the ability to multi-task at a much higher rate and speed. It’s like going from a PC to a Mac!
- Antioxidants in caffeine help stabilize free radicals and stop them from doing further damage to the DNA of your precious cells.
- Caffeine dehydrates your body which speeds up the aging process to not only your skin, but your kidneys!
- Amplifies stress levels throughout the day which means an exaggerated perception and reaction to daily dramas.
- Hey Ladies! Caffeine contributes to PMS, osteoporosis, infertility problems, miscarriage, low birth weight, and hot flashes – not to your benefit.
- Yo Fellas! You can reduce your chances of developing urinary
and prostate problems by eliminating coffee and caffeine from your daily lifestyle.
And there you have it! Just a few light quirks and perks all about that morning cuppa!
In case you’re wondering about my coffee intake, it used to be 3-4 cups a day. Sometimes sweetened with creamer and lots of sugar, but mostly black. Not only did I enjoy this, but I also relied on coffee to keep me going throughout the day. The minute I’d start to dip, I’d go for another cuppa to fuel me back up!
Today, I no longer need to be “on” coffee to function in life… Since I’m no longer “on” coffee, the ability to simply enjoy one delicious cup of freshly pressed, organic, coffee has become a charming experience that I enjoy with each and every sip, rather than a hot drink I gulp down to fast forward through this beautiful experience we call, life…