With all the recent hype of chickpeas ‘aka’ garbanzo beans as the latest food rage in healthy snacking,
I thought I’d go ahead and share with you a few health benefits while munching away.
- Fiber: 1-cup = half of your daily intake
- Heart: ability to reduce your risk of heart disease thanks to their antioxidant composition – phytonutrients are the friends you can eat, be sure that you do!
- Blood Sugar: ability to regulate your blood sugar with regular consumption…
Warren G has got nothin’ on this!
- Vitamins: not a great amount, but these little guys still contain A, B6, C, E, K, and folate
- Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc … a great alternative to licking rocks
- BONUS! Weight Loss/Weight Management: studies have shown snacking on these golden nuggets can help curb your appetite and keep you feeling fuller, longer! Less snacking and fewer calories –
you are bound to lose a couple pounds with this trade off!
I should mention, just because chickpeas are in fact beans, does not mean you’ll be the farty at the party! This healthy snack really does deliver in the tastebuds department so have no fear and enjoyyy!
Goodbye Chex Mix and Hellooo Chickpeas!!
Ready to try this out for yourself? Below is a quick and simple recipe that you’ll master in no time!
Be sure to comment below and share your tastebuds experience. I look forward to hearing or seeing what cool twist you might have on this Chickpea take!
Health, Love, Happiness
CHICKPEA SNACK RECIPE
- Preheat oven at 350°
- Rinse 3 cups canned garbanzo beans then allow to dry – thoroughly.
- 1 tablespoon olive OR grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika…or more if you dare!
Arrange chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet and mix all ingredients together with your hands.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until they have a nice, crispy shell.
Pour them all in a fun little bowl and ENJOY a low fat source of protein and folic acid 🙂 Yum!
Feel free to play around with this recipe – personalize it to create your own healthy, spicy, bitter or sweet, snacky-treat!